Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

Mama and her little munchkins! I am so blessed to have these two wonderful, beautiful children. They bring such joy to my life and I am grateful that the Lord has entrusted them to Nathan and me to train their little hearts for His glory. I love you Micah! I love you Ashlyn!
Daddy took Micah and Ashlyn out this week to make me a special Mother's Day present. Here is Micah painting the cup he picked out.

Ashlyn participated by providing a handprint and footprint, although she wasn't terribly cooperative.

The finished product...

Isn't it beautiful!

With our lives so closely intertwined with academia, Mother's Day weekend also means graduation weekend. It's hard to believe that it has already been a year ago since Nathan graduated from the seminary. It's been quite a year! This year we have friends graduating from both Master's College and the Seminary so we attended both events. It made for a busy weekend, but we are so excited to celebrate this awesome accomplishment with those who have worked so hard to complete their degree. Congratulations graduates!

Auntie Vonna and Ashlyn. We had to bundle Ashlyn up because the ceremony was outside in the evening and it was cold. Well, cold by California standards anyway ~ I think it was about 60 degrees.

Heather and Barbara

Vonna and Heather with Sue and Sandy Nafzinger. Sue and Sandy run the Cadence Int'l Hospitality House near Travis AFB. They do an awesome job ministering to the men and women of the Air Force, seeking to encourage them and minister the truth of God's Word to them. Vonna introduced us to them several years ago and it has been a joy to get to know them and many others as a result of that introduction.

Micah had a blast playing around on the football field after the graduation!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Those are some great pictures! The one of you, Ashlyn and Micah on Mother's Day is beautiful! You are a beautiful family. It's so fun to see how the Lord has blessed you all. I am so thankful that your family is part of my life. I have been blessed by your friendship!