Sunday, May 11, 2008

Cinderella

Have you heard Steven Curtis Chapman's song Cinderella on his new CD? It's about a Daddy taking the time to dance with his "little" girl through the stages of her growing up years until she gets married. I first heard this song in December as I was driving to Glendale for one of my doctor appointments. Knowing that we were expecting a little girl my thoughts went to Nathan and Ashlyn as I listened to the words, and I was in tears by the end of the song. That night I came home and played the song for Nathan. Oh how emotional the thought of our little girl and her Daddy!

When I was in labor with Ashlyn we had music playing on the computer. After the nurse got Ashlyn all cleaned up, Nathan finally got to hold his little girl. As he was walking around the room looking at her and talking to her I couldn't help but notice that this song was playing. How appropriate!

At 6 weeks old, here's Daddy dancing with his little Cinderella. I'm sure it will be the first among many...

No comments: