Saturday, June 12, 2010

TMC Graduation

After 10 years, 2 children, and various health problems along the way, I finally completed my Master of Arts degree in Biblical Counseling. Although my initial intent in starting the program was merely to gain a better understanding of what Nathan was learning when he was going through the undergrad program in counseling, I am so thankful that Nathan encouraged me to persevere toward completing the degree. It was a blessing to learn and be challenged by the godly professors that I studied under during the course of this program. The Lord has used them to change me and to grow me.

Several people have asked what I plan to do with this degree. Well, to begin with, I am already using it every day, as I seek to disciple our children for the glory of God. The things I have learned here, dramatically impact the way I parent and interact with my children. And I trust that the Lord will allow my to use this training for ministry in the local church, as He sees fit. I praise God for His grace that enabled me to complete this program (and especially my thesis)! And I am so thankful for many of you who faithfully prayed for me. Thank you!

2010 MABC Graduates and Professors
of The Masters College

Beautiful flowers sent from my Dad and Mom


Dr. MacArthur was the commencement speaker this year, in honor of his 25th anniversary as President of the Master's College. Nathan and I were privileged to attend his anniversary dinner and concert the night before the graduation. We were deeply impacted as we learned more about this godly man and his commitment to the Master's College for the purpose of training men and women to minister the truths of the Gospel around the world.

Graduate hooding by Dr. Somerville and Dr. Baker


The kids attended the ceremony, but Nathan was thankful for some help in the bleachers. Here Ashlyn is hanging out with Ricardo.

And here she is with Dinanna!


Big hugs after the ceremony

It was a blessing to have several friends come celebrate with us at the graduation!

Barb and Kristin

Barb and Dianna

Our family


Our family with the Thomases


Sisters!

Lots of loves from my little ones...



Barb and Vonna

Heather and Barb

And back at home... playing dress up with my cap and gown


No comments: