Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Little Movin' and Shakin'

Welcome to Southern California living! Micah experienced his first earthquake on Tuesday morning. I'm sure we have had others in the last 4 years since he was born, but this one was big enough to actually feel - a magnitude 5.4. What surprised me was the sound. I was so focused on trying to figure out what the noise was that it was almost over by the time I realized the whole house was shaking. That was fortunate though because it was all over by the time panic struck. Needless to say, Micah received his first lesson in what to do next time he feels the earth shaking ~ run for the nearest table, get underneath it and stay there until an adult tells you to come out. This picture is his reenactment of that instruction.

When I asked Micah what he thought about the earthquake, his response was, "It hurt my ears." I guess I'm not the only one who thought it was loud.

As for Ashlyn, the shaking was enough to wake her up momentarily and notice that her mobile was swaying back and forth. But she quickly went back to sleep. She probably figured it was just her big brother jumping around again...

No comments: