Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Mom!


Happy 60th Birthday to my Mom! To honor her on this special day, I wanted to record six things I love and appreciate about her… one for each decade of life the Lord has blessed her with.


  •  Her servant’s heart – My mom is always eager and willing to serve our family and the body of Christ, whenever needs arise. As a child, she provided me with the example of serving in our church in various capacities and practicing hospitality in our home. As an adult, my own family has been blessed with her gracious service on numerous occasions, most recently as she cleaned our home and watched the kids so I could finish packing.
  •  Her commitment to the Lord – I love her enthusiasm to share what she learning from her study of God’s Word, and her faithful commitment to actively stay part of a Bible study that encourages her in fellowship and spiritual growth.
  • Her commitment to my Dad – This year my parents celebrated 40 years of marriage! Wahoo! It is such a blessing to see a couple who has remained faithfully committed to one another for so many years in the midst of the joys and trials of life.
  •  Her thoughtfulness – My mom is one of those women who remembers everything and does something to make all those little days special. She’s great at sending cards and little gifts to the kids on special occasions, and sometimes just because. Her thoughtfulness to remember and think about the kids closes the distance gap as we live so far away. Our kids know their Nana well because she is diligent to stay a part of their lives across the miles.
  • Her gracious support – There have been several times when the direction God has sent us hasn’t been what she ideally desired, but despite that, she has been excited for and supportive of us, trusting God’s sovereignty at work in our lives.
  • Her fun-loving spirit – Whenever we are together, we always have fun! Whether it’s playing games or planning special outings (or vacations), we’ve made a lot of memories together and I’m so grateful for each and every one of them!
Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a great tribute! Happy Birthday to your mom!!