Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Only what's done for Christ will last

This little plaque hung in the kitchen window at my Grandparent's house for as long as I can remember. It was the same phrase that was on their wedding announcement almost 65 years ago. As the kids and I traveled to Oregon to be with our family to celebrate my Grandma's life, I was reminded once again of the truth of that statement. My Grandma lived her life for Christ, and in the process, she was an amazing example to me, my siblings and my cousins, among many others. I was so blessed to have a Grandmother who loved God so dearly and gave so richly of herself to so many others around her. She truly lived her life for Christ, and now she is enjoying her eternal reward as she worships at the feet of her Lord. I am so thankful for her faithful service as well as her faithful prayers for my family and me.

As we gathered together with all of my aunts and uncles, and all my West Coast cousins, we had a wonderful time remembering Grandma, getting to know all the little ones, and reconnecting with one another.

Ashlyn and Alyssa had great fun together climbing on and off this little coffee table

I was thankful for the opportunity to finally meet my nephew, Christopher Joshua

He's a sweet little one! It's amazing to think Ashlyn was once this small!

The three little girls... Alyssa, Ashlyn and Jasmine

The girls with their Mamas... Katharine, Barbara, and Joy

Micah loved his 2nd cousin Natalie. They had lots of fun playing games, and building this house of cards!

We all arrived in Oregon the day after my birthday so Joy surprised me with a birthday cake! Thanks Joy!

The Sullivan clan with all the West Coast cousins

It was joy to worship together as a family during a time of singing. I was impressed at the great blessing it is to have family members with whom we can enjoy a time of worship together.

Ashlyn and Jasmine had lots of fun together!

And it was fun to see Christopher all smiles!!

The kids all had fun in the huge great room that we got to hang out in during the day

And the adults had fun using that same room to play games in the evening! This family can't have a reunion without playing games.

Micah having fun in the gym with Uncle Loui


It rained quite a bit while we were there, but Ashlyn still enjoyed being outside.

And so did Micah!

Cousins... Ashlyn and Barbara with Katharine and Alyssa

Hugging cousins... Ashlyn and Jasmine

Micah enjoyed the opportunity to hold baby Christopher

Cousins... Jasmine, Christopher, Micah and Ashlyn

My little cuties! I love to see Micah all dressed up in a suit!

Sullivan Family

The Truax family

Dancing girls!


After Natalie left, Micah found Brady and had a ton of fun playing with him during the rest of our time their!


It was fun for Ashlyn to get to know Papa and Nana a little bit, since it had been over 6 months since she last saw them. Here she is playing with Papa!


Micah had fun learning to do the wheelbarrow with Uncle Paul

It was a blessing to worship together as a family on the Lord's Day as Uncle Jim opened the worship of God and encouraged us with truths about heaven.


It was a beautiful time to be in the Northwest! We loved all the color that we got to see there!

The Sullivan children...
Joy, David, Kris, Paul, Jan and Kathy

Micah and Mama

No comments: