Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Berry Picking

Here's a few pictures from our fruit-picking adventure a few weeks ago with the Thomas' and the Sedy's...

Before we headed out to the fields, the kids had fun playing in this little playground area. Ashlyn loved this little John Deere tractor!

Brianna, Micah and Bethany playing on the bus

And climbing on top...


Ashlyn had lots of fun in the strawberry patch...
She picked quite a few before she realized they would be fun to squish in her hand!
Micah had fun running all over the farm, but he also helped pick a few berries.
On to the raspberry bushes. Ashlyn wanted me to hold her while I was picking raspberries so I tried to include her in the picking. I picked the berry, gave it to Ashlyn, then she put it in the bucket. After several berries I noticed that our bucket wasn't gaining any berries. That's when I realized Ashlyn was taking every berry I gave her, and putting it in her mouth! I guess the girl loves raspberries.
It was a hot day - 100 degrees - so we stopped by the little water trough before we left. The kids had fun playing in it and cooling off.

No comments: